Head of Marketing
Oldrids & Downtown have been retail pioneers since 1804. Our first department store in Boston was one of the earliest of its kind. We were also ahead of the curve when we opened our first large edge-of-town store under the Downtown brand.
We have recently announced ambitious plans for a £125 million designer outlet to open in 2019 at our Downtown site in Grantham.
It is at this exciting time that we are seeking an outstanding Head of Marketing to complement our existing leadership team and play a key role in helping to shape the next 200 years of the Company’s history.
Reporting to the Retail Operations Director in this newly-created post, you will develop an industry-leading marketing strategy for our existing estate and lead a team of six direct reports to execute this strategy across all channels, delivering game-changing increases in brand awareness, footfall, dwell-time and average spend. In addition, you will oversee all aspects of the B2B and B2C marketing of the Downtown Grantham Designer Outlet.
To succeed in this crucial role:
• Leadership, teamwork and courage are key attributes you should have;
• You will ideally have already proven yourself as a marketing leader working for a multi-site retailer;
• You will need a strong background in retail marketing, with both hands-on and strategic experience, and will have managed the full marketing mix, including direct mail, e-mail campaigns, events and online;
• You must have previous experience of devising innovative and creative marketing strategies and leading a team to deliver them;
• You will of course be personable, credible, and a strategic thinker, with outstanding communication and stakeholder-management skills;
• You must be passionate about delivering top performance through the team, with the ability to inspire customers and colleagues, and drive a positive, growth-oriented mindset;
• Commercial acumen, negotiation skills and the proven ability to manage a substantial budget are, of course, essential;
• You will preferably have a relevant degree in marketing or business, although your ability, attitude and previous achievement are of greater importance.
This is a fantastic opportunity to mastermind a transformation of historic significance to our business from concept through to completion, and comes with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
• Staff discount of up to 20% across all stores;
• Pension contributions of up to 7% of salary; and
• 34 days’ holiday per year including Public Holidays and increasing with service.
Please quote reference A0901 when applying for this vacancy.
Applicants should complete an Oldrids application form and return it to their employer adviser at their local Jobcentre Plus. Application forms are available from http://www.oldrids.co.uk/Documents/PDFs/jobapp.pdf
Please note if you have not heard within 4 weeks of the closing date you have not been one of those selected for interview on this occasion.