Development Manager - Team Leader
Apogee is Europe's largest independent managed services provider of print, document and process technology.
Our reputation as the first choice provider for multi-vendor print technology and service is built on the unique approach we have taken to Managed Services, pro-actively monitoring our clients to maximise uptime, and the innovation we employ to maintain a portfolio of services which differentiate us. We also provide Digital Document Services which includes an in-house team of fully qualified engineers who provide true 24/7 outsource print capabilities. We are the only UK Company specialising in the provision of both in-house and outsource complete document solutions.
Purpose of the role:
A challenging and rewarding opportunity has arisen to manage the Development team within Apogee's IT Department, based in Witham St Hughs. The team is currently undergoing a transformative process to webbased systems, and a capable and technically-minded Development Manager is required to spearhead this effort.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the team
- Act as a point of contact for the business to raise and manage change within the systems maintained by the team.
- Upskill the team to a primarily LAMP-based technology stack.
- Continually improve the process of requirements gathering, development and delivery
- Collaborate with the IT Director to develop strategies and roadmaps for the team on-going
- Work with the IT Infrastructure and Change teams to deliver change in a timely and efficient manner
- Define and implement communications plans to ensure release transparency and timely updates on the project plan, release schedule, status, and critical issues and risks.
- Pro-actively establish relationships with other areas of the business to drive change and process improvements.
- Keep pace with changes in the Development sphere including technologies such as .NET and SQL Server, but also processes and methodologies such as DevOps and Agile.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development - Identify and implement systems to support the overall development lifecycle in order to automate, monitor and fundamentally improve the delivery process.
- Balance competing resource constraints between Support, Project and BAU development
The ideal candidate will be used to working in a fast-paced environment, and can be flexible and pragmatic with their decision making process in order to meet the goals of the business. Consequently, they will have a keen eye on the bigger picture and be able to identify improvements along the way.
A strong technical background will be key to the success of this role, with skills and experience encompassing:
- PHP and MySQL
- Experience in Waterfall or Agile methodologies
- Conversant with both Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with task or project management systems such as Jira or Asana
- Management of development teams encompassing a wide range of technologies
- .NET - Entity Framework, MVC, TDD
- SQL Server - SSRS and SSIS
- Automation and monitoring solutions such as Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, ELK-stack
- EDI Integrations
- Management of testers and Business Analysts
Monday - Thursday 8:30am - 5:30pm Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm Closed Weekends and Bank Holidays
Please note this is a full time position and we are unable to consider applicants seeking part-time opportunities. However, we can offer flexible start times in certain departments at the Hiring Manager's discretion.
Salary is negotiable and based on experience.
Apogeecorp.com Please forward an up to date CV along with a covering letter to our Recruitment Team. We aim to respond to applications within 48 hours of submittal. Please ensure that the following information is included in your covering letter: Current/Expected Salary, Notice Period, Contact phone number & email by clicking APPLY now!!