An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Manager to join Brook Street's client, a forward thinking and market leading manufacturer of retailer branded products. Supplying a range of products they boast an impressive client base of most of the UK's major retailers.
The sole purpose of the role is to build effective working relationships with customers, third party suppliers and internal stakeholders to manage technical requirements for all products to meet standards.
As Technical Manager you will have management of all Quality Assurance/Control activities and you will provide necessary advice/guidance to all factory personnel to make sure Quality and commercial objectives are met.
- Manage and reduce non-conforming goods
- Lead customer visits and 3rd party audits
- Upholding customer code of practice and initiatives at the site
- Drive Technical expertise across all departments
- Environmental monitoring, trending and compliance
- Plan and prepare for visits, launches and audits
- Complete traceability audits and recommend improvements
- Cross functional working - effective support service to all departments
- Experiencing of developing/maintaining relevant QC documentation and databases, taking pro-active approach to establishing consistent processes, guidelines and systems
- Working within environmental laws and standards ensuring they are adhered to
- Conducting periodic audits in line with planned assessments both internally and externally
- Completing analysis and audits to maintain due diligence and support continuous improvement, working closely with operational teams to implement changes where necessary
- Conducting and managing the audit programme including NCR and corrective action process
- Assisting in training of QA and Technical Assistants
- Assisting with any designated technical training requirement with all departments
- Monitoring and reviewing quality management and HACCP systems to ensure compliance with BRC requirements and company/customer standards
- Maintaining BRC and HACCP systems
- Identifying and driving product and process improvement opportunities within operations
- Ensuring specifications for raw materials and finished products are maintained
- Working towards and achieving company and customer KPI's
- Leading meetings with core Management and Directors
Your Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role, you must have a HND or Degree in Food or business related discipline (e.g. BSc Hons Food Quality and Business Management)
- Proven track record in continuous improvement
- A minimum of 2 years management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment
- Ability to produce concise and accurate documentation
- Experience leading a quality team including quality and systems management experience within the manufacturing industry
- Experience of working in fast paced demanding FMCG manufacturing environment
- A good knowledge of HACCP
- NPD experience to support the NPD process
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly desirable would be a; lead assessor qualification
- Highly desirable; H&S Nebosh
In return for this above you will be offered a competitive salary, excellent career development and a clear path of progression.
For more details on this excellent opportunity please call Jade Hilton on 01522 528115, alternatively email .
Apply for Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly